Nice French courses | Nice French language courses with IH
1.Registration fee: 45 Euros. Payable for all courses. International House provides: all learning materials (a textbook is lent to some classes), a student guide, a map of the town and free access to the Internet and WIFI connection.
2. Courses start every Monday, except for complete beginners (see the dates given in this brochure) with classes taking place from Monday to Friday except on Public Holidays. If the duration of the course includes two public holidays during the first four weeks, one will be refunded. Student’s holidays (for long term courses) have to be communicated to the school in advance so that the students will be able to catch up according to our availability. For short term courses absences are allowed and may be caught up if the school is informed one week in advance.
3. A group is made of three students minimum. If there is no group corresponding to a student’s language level, the number of lessons will be reduced by 50% for one student, by 30% for two students.
4. Family reservation fee: 65 Euros. Host family accommodation is provided from 4 p.m. on the Sunday until the Saturday morning following the end of the course. Other arrangements are possible if agreed with the family. Accommodation fee for residences, hotels, apartments: 55 Euros.
5. Enrolment and payment: A student is enrolled only when he/she has completed an enrolment form and returned it to the school with an INITIAL DEPOSIT for the lessons of 450 Euros. This amount will be deducted from the student’s invoice. If he/ she has chosen accommodation in a RESIDENCE, HOTEL or SHARED APARTMENT, the INITIAL DEPOSIT must be 450 Euros for the lessons and an additional 500 Euros to secure the accommodation. Enrolment is considered definite once the student has received a letter of confirmation and the invoice stating the total amount from the school. The REMAINDER OF THE BALANCE for the course and accommodation must be paid 4 weeks before the start date of the students’ course.
An extra deposit of200 Euros against damages (in addition to the500 Euros already paid) will be required on arrival at the flat for all students renting a shared apartment or a residence. This deposit will be returned at the end of the stay, after an inventory with the owner provided no damage has occurred. Students must hold valid personal liability insurance covering any damage that might occur, a copy of which must be sent to the school prior to arrival in Nice. If the total amount of your stay is less than the deposit, please pay only what is required.
6. Changes: If the student decides to make any changes regarding dates, accommodation or the program once he/she has received the invoice, a fee of 30 Euros will be charged.
7. Reimbursement: In the event of cancellation before the start of the course, the amount paid will be refunded less200 Euros provided the school receives notice of cancellation two weeks or more before the start of the course. In case of visa refusal, the applicant will have to send us an official document of refusal provided by the French consulate. Without this document no reimbursement will be possible. Once a course has started, tuition fees are not refundable except in extenuating circumstances at the Director’s discretion. Please note that the cancellation procedure may take up to 4 weeks. If a student is absent during the course for personal or medical reasons or to sit the D.E.L.F. examination, the days are neither transferable nor refunded. For shared flats and halls of residence, the cancellation fee is 500 Euros if the school is informed 2 weeks minimum before the starting date. No reimbursement is possible if asked less than 2 weeks before the starting date.
8.Activities: Excursions and social activities are not included in the costs, except for the teenage programme.
9.Insurance: All students are strongly advised to take out comprehensive medical and personal insurance (illness, accident, hospitalization, cancellation, etc.) to cover their stay in France, as well as personal liability insurance. The school authorities cannot be held responsible for accidents caused by students during their stay. Students taking part in the teenage summer programme are insured if they take the whole package.
10. Bank charges: A flat fee of5 Euros will be added for each payment by credit card or internet.
11. In the absence of an amicable resolution, any disputes concerning the present general conditions will be referred to the Commercial Court of Nice.